The ETM perspective
Information technology has evolved to be the cornerstone of all business activity—from large corporations to SMB’s alike. Business strategy and technology solutions have become so intertwined that IT is now the driving force behind business success or downfall.
As a result of this convergence, a new type of CIO and IT executive has emerged—those who spend the majority of their time on business strategy, working hand-in-hand with business colleagues to not only support but actually drive business success while sourcing and implementing technology solutions.
Today’s global companies need to be strategic business thinkers, able to move beyond reactive and even responsive behaviour, and embrace the concept of emotional intelligence in business. They need to be predictive, setting the enterprise technology agenda based on their understanding of where business and technology are moving. And they need to ensure that all technology investments are driven by business strategy, and that IT is being utilized to ensure agility and innovation throughout the organization.
What ETM provides
Enterprise Technology Management, or ETM, provides subscribers with cutting-edge enterprise level strategy for technology – specifically IT business strategy. We do this through Enterprise Technology Management magazine, a global monthly report dedicated to CIOs and IT executives driven entirely by the independent analyst community.
Our website, www.globaletm.com, is also a valuable source of information—from developing strategy to making cost-effective purchase decisions, ETM magazine and www.globaletm.com assist in managing an organization’s projects via independent, world-leading research and vendor thought-leadership.
We also deliver:
• Peer and expert business and technology perspectives
• Proprietary research and analysis
• Enterprise level strategy for technology
• Management and organizational development techniques
• IT solutions in line with CIO responsibilities
• Actionable tools—all designed to help CIO's, IT executives, and other IT professionals achieve success.
We address issues ranging from SMB project management and global strategic sourcing, to PCI DSS compliance and unified communication and collaboration. We focus on a specific theme every issue, dependent on the hottest issue occurring in the IT space at any given time.
What ETM can do for you
Our objective is to develop our clients’ visions into reality, building commercially successful online business and enterprise level strategies to meet their business requirements.
ETM has highly experienced consultants who are skilled at actively listening to your needs. This enables us to create unique, cost effective enterprise level strategy and IT solutions that maximises your business potential.
Our highly motivated and unique team believes that software should be powerful, accessible, easy-to-use and robust. Our main goal is to get your message across to internet users in the most effective and imaginative way possible.
• Techniques for aligning IT with enterprise level strategy for the business
• Insight on communicating the business value of IT and CIO responsibilities
• Ideas for leveraging technology for global business advantage, management and organizational development
• Strategies that will create tangible business payoffs, unified communications and collaboration
• Analyst content: award-winning, independent analyst news, research, and enterprise level strategy
• Expert advice: thought-leadership and content from authorities in their fields.
Information technology has moved from a supporting role to a driving role for business. CIO's are the conduit for the translations of business strategy to technology value and results. The strategic role of the CIO encompasses many business-critical areas.” – Gartner.